1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When we grew up and went to school, there were certain teachers...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

... who would rip the children's eyeballs out, any way they could...

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/clayton/stories/2008/06/05/clayton_teacher_arrest.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=13

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Paging Starm...err...inflict justice, my friend!

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That county is a third-world country, as the accreditation problems with the school system attest.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Nice thread title.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

... exposing every cellphone, how carefully hidden by the kids.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But on the Internet it was well known, when they got home at night, their fat and psychopathic wives would thrash them within inches of their LIVES...

:eek: :eek:

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This thread title is sure to be recycled for a nostalgia thread by Poindexter Jr. in about 20 years.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's nothing. In my day, teachers actually did rip the eyeballs out of unruly students, not just rant and threaten.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

We had a Vice Principal whose favourite tactic to control unruly kids (well, boys) was to lift them up and slam them into the hallway lockers.

I don't think you could get away with that now.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

One of the priests at my high school was a golden gloves boxer in his younger days and in his first few years at the school - late 60s/early 70s - if kids were caught fighting on school grounds their punishment was getting in the ring and going a few rounds with the good padre.

There wasn't much of a fighting problem at the school back then.

The older brothers of my best friend growing up used to love telling the story about one of their friends who slapped a nun one day at school. The dean of discipline and the above priest cleared the classroom, locked the door and beat the holy hell out of the kid.

When I was in fifth grade we had a male teacher who had a very short fuse. Turns out he was bipolar but nobody knew it back then. He used to threaten us all the time when the class got out of hand.

The one I remember is "This fist sends you to the hospital. This fist sends you to the cemetery."

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And your parents paid good money to send you there.

Draft saved Draft deleted