1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When was the last time you bought a keg?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 26, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I like those minikegs you can buy at liquor stores - Heineken has them, I've seen a few others as well, great for parties, no hassle with a deposit.
    But thanks for the memories of sitting around with friends in college doing the "101 Club" to kill off a keg of week-old crap beer. We got some good "sequential" projectile vomit pics out of it though, and I learned how difficult it is to start drinking again, twice, to catch up after hurling.

2. I miss pig roasts... The best part was staying up all night to cook the pig.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

25 people can't kill a keg? That's like seven beers a person.
    Last time I bought a keg was for my buddy's bachelor party last year. Eight of us nearly killed it. The next day was not so good.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

For my 22nd birthday. A bunch of us chipped in for a half and we finished it and proceeded to the bar. It was quite the spectacle getting into my on-campus apartment with sleeping bags and a huge bin.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

One 15-gallon keg = the volume equivalent of 160 12-ounce beers, or 6 2/3 cases. Compare prices, calculate likely consumption and do the math. And per the subject, I have never bought a keg in the 21st century.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I bet 25 SJers could float a keg.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

I can float that keg with 10 SJers.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Hell, I can float one by myself...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

If you're going to host any type of event in which more than 6 cases of beer (or equivalent) are required, it's usually more cost effective to get a keg.

11. Inky_Wretch

Damn it, that photo just made it dusty in this room. No keg should be mistreated that way.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

When I lived in my previous state, my roommates (at the time) and I decided to hold a Heineken minikeg-hands contest. Same rules as "Edward 40 Hands," but much different results.

Draft saved Draft deleted