1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When USC loses to UCLA, who should face Ohio State: Florida or Michigan?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by daemon, Nov 25, 2006.

1. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

And that Marshall team didn't deserve to be anywhere near the BCS title game, either.

Like I've said, the system is flawed. It'd make sense for all the mid-majors to break away and form their own Championship Series. But Boise State shouldn't even be in this discussion, as good a story as it would be.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bob Davie said something last night that bothered me. Maybe I misheard it, but twoard the end of the broadcast, he alluded to a Michigan-Notre Dame rematch in the Rose Bowl.
    That's not a possiblity, is it? You cant complain about a rematch for UM and OSU separated by three points, but advocate a rematch of two teams in a 26-point game, can you?

That said, USC looked awfully good last night. And if they play that way against UCLA, I have no issue with the Trojans playing OSU...

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Doesn't matter if UCLA beats USC. Michigan should play Ohio State, period.

I was really on the fence about this for awhile, but after last weekend it's clear that these two teams are the best in the country.

At the very least, Michigan lost to the best of the one-loss teams. USC, not so much.

4. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

USC will lose.

RIP-BO

5. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

And Cal and Stanford "destroyed" Oregon State too. . .

If your point is that Boise State is good enough to be a second-tier Pac 10 team, I'd agree.

The Broncs are ranked right where they should be, maybe a tad higher.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Uh, Oregon State 30, Stanford 7.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And the moral is, never let the facts get in the way of a good rant....

8. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

If USC loses and UF wins, Florida should go. I don't think either of those two things will happen, so it's likely a moot point.

9. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Huh? UGA played Boise last year and carved them into little pieces. Who's running scared of Boise State? If they beat Oklahoma or Nebraska, they can make their argument that their conference has been legitimized. Until then, they're not an elite level team.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Why does last year matter? That is the biggest crock of shit about college football. Notre Dame gets ranked in the Top 10 based on a loss to USC from last year. BSU sucks because they got their asses handed to them by Georgia last year. It's bullshit and you know it.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

If there was a playoff, I don't think anybody would want to face BSU in the first round.

12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

You're telling me that if we had an eight-team playoff, and a coach had his pick of first round opponents, he'd choose Ohio State, Michigan, USC, Florida, LSU, Arkansas, Notre Dame or even Louisville over Boise State?

Everyone is entitle to their opinion, but. . .

Draft saved Draft deleted