1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Turkey invades Iraq, will Cheney attack in both directions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Because we've decided to call an incident that happened 92 years ago genocide. You can thank the Armenian-American population that resides in districts represented by people on that one committee, many of them Californians, for that colossal and unproductive waste of time. And don't count on us going back and mentioning what happened to the Indians throughout the 1800s anytime soon. Better to point long withered fingers at some other country. Great job by the asshats in the House.

Well, at least that's what Turkey wants you to think. It's also because the Kurds are very independent-minded people. They're pretty much on their own in Iraq, and want to bring in their brothers across the border into the fold.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This was guaranteed to be a fucked up situation when we promised Turkey we would not allow a Kurdish state in order to get Turkey to let us use their country as a staging point in the invasion of Iraq.

If that sounds like we sold out any possible plan for peace in order to start a war, it's because we did.

Whoops.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Zeke, Zeke, Zeke:

You Lefties get so worked up. Our Leaders have a simple solution to this indelicate situation.

Invade Turkey!

There. Feel better?

4. A lot of the liberal support for the launching of Operation Codpiece came from people who'd been standing by the Kurds since Daddy Bush last sold them out. This was the case for Hitchens, Peter Galbreath, David Phillips and, to some extent, Joe Biden. I think a lot of them frankly couldn't have cared less what happened elsewhere in Iraq as long as a Kurdish statelet of some sort could be established and maintained. (There is a moral argument to be made that the US owed the Kurds that much of a historical debt, too.) This was bound to piss off the Turks.
    Grown-ups in charge, once again.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Moonlight on the Bosporus! A cruise to the Dardenelles! We're kicking ass!

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

We also promised to get Turkey into the EU.

Whoops.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I assumed you were kidding when I first read this, but now I'm not sure. You realize that you could say the same thing about any crime, right?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No. You rob or kill someone that threatens the society and harms individuals.

The I-have-nothing-against-all-these-illegal-aliens-but-just-think-they-should-follow-the-law crowd should be demanding amnesty for these folks.

Most are already employed -- that's why they are here -- so we could get them on the books and collect their taxes and take away the one stigma (they are committing a crime by being here illegally).

Everyone is happy, right?

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Wrong. Being in this country illegally is not a crime.

Let my liberal friend Rudy Giuliani tell you all about it, via Glenn Beck:

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The day Turkey invades Iraq is the day oil hits $100.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They invade the day before it hits 100

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Nope, oil trading happens 24-7 across the world. The instant Turkey trips the wire, boom. We could literally wake up to $4 gas.

Of course, that may be part of the plan, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted