1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When to stiff the waitress

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Hah, I was just thinking of that when I was reading this. And like Mr. Pink, I like my cup filled a lot.

I usually do 20 percent, more if it's really good service. But I would stiff if it was piss poor service.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Thanks! Mrs. CI and I agree. Somehow that little prince formed from our genes!

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

CI, CU, what's the difference? Oh wait, I was definitely confused and terrified there for a second.

4. boots

boots New Member

The worst tip to leave a waiter or waitress is a penny.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I really meant to call you CI. The keys are next to each other and CU is so consuming of my posts, dammit!

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I am, what some might call, omniverous. Wait ...

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If the service is bad enough to warrant stiffing someone on the tip, talk to a manager.

And try to be sympathetic to your waitress, please. Those ladies run their asses off for shit wages. So think twice before you stiff one.

Oh, and if you stiff on a CC, be prepared to be shit on if you ever go back there.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Have you seen the movie Waiting?

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I picked up a waitress at Denny's one time.
    She had a boyfriend, which didn't bother me. We dated for a little while behind his back and eventually it just ended of it's own accord.
    The funny thing is, down the road, I became very good friends with the boyfriend.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You ever tell him? You guys compare notes?
    She always liked it when I did that - that kind of thing?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Raise your hand if you saw the title of this thread and figured it was started by Boots.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The vast majority of my bad experiences in restaurants has been the fault of someone other than the waitress. The thing I hate worst, though, is being made to wait to pay. If they're cavalier about receiving my money, apparently they can live without the tip.

Draft saved Draft deleted