1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When to go to two pages on a resume

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by forever_town, Jul 13, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't think I'll ever stray from the one-page set-up I've got. It's easy to tailor the resume to show exactly what skills you've got that are suited for the job you're trying to land. And if you're in this business more than a few stops, chances are strong that you're doing a lot of the same things and acquiring many similar skills that don't need two mentions on your resume.

I was extremely productive at school, and for the first year or two, my resume largely reflected that. My broadcast experience was largely cut when I applied for my last two jobs. When -- or if, rather -- I decide to go somewhere else, I'm sure it won't be tough to lop off another section because as time goes on, some of your "marketable skills" are no longer needed.

Besides, you only need enough on your resume to get the interview. You can get to the rest when it matters most.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

God, I love you.

Mine's two pages, for the record.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, you're a super genius?

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No, but I know one. . .

[​IMG]

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

play your cards right, maybe you can be mrs. super genius.

6. lono

lono Active Member

Scoreboard!

7. Flash

Flash Guest

My resume has been two pages for 10 years.

Monster says employers want two pages now:

http://resume.monster.ca/12772_en-CA_p1.asp

Of course, now you can jump in and say 'journalism is different!' OK, well, have fun applying for jobs that don't exist anymore.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

outing alert: flash is this guy ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted