1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Tiger(s) Attack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Dec 25, 2007.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

That will be an Esquire story next year. They do an issue on what it feels like.... This year, they had a piece on a guy who was mauled by a grizzly bear.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Don't you think for a fucking second that didn't cross my mind when I read that post, my friend. Having a right arm is overrated, anyway.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Was this tiger a member of an endangered species?

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yes, which may explain why it wasn't put down after it attacked a handler last year.

5. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Police now treating the SF Zoo as a crime scene, leaving open the possibility that someone intentionally let the Tiger out.

Jack Hanna on CNN saying he'd be stunned to learn that the Tiger jumped that high or that far to get out of the pen.

It will be interesting to see if this involved negligence or even if someone did something criminal.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Fox News reporting the guys taunted the tiger.
    Bet me the zoo hasn't thrown that out there to deflect blame.

7. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Well, if that is the case it is weak. Not a day goes by during which some idiot taunts some animal -- at any zoo. Makes me wonder sometimes who should be behind the bars/glass and who should be free to come and go.

8. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

The Siberian tiger is one of the rarest of animals, as well as one of the most beautiful. Not that you'd feel that way if one were chomping on your head. But it is a damned shame that this animal had to be shot.

I will be very interested to see how this critter got loose. Or if they ever figure it out satisfactorily. A horrible incident. My love for zoos, which I've had since childhood, diminishes each time something remotely like this happens.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So the guy's taunted the tiger enough to make the tiger jump over whatever barriers they had set up around it's enclosure and eat 'em?

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Duh... Haven't you seen the 'Messin' with Sasquatch' commercials??

11. ARD

ARD Member

From the SF Chron story:

The minimal evidence found at the scene included a shoe and blood in the 25-foot-wide moat that surrounds the tigers’ grotto, raising questions about what role, if any, the victims might have had in accidentally helping the animal escape.
    Officials speculated that one of the victims may have been dangling a leg or other body part over the 14-foot grotto wall and that Tatiana latched onto the limb and climbed out. Police sources said a footprint had been found on a metal fence, suggesting that someone had climbed it to get closer to the big cats.

Latched onto a leg and climbed out? Ouch.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The more I read about the brainiacs involved in this attack, the more I think this is a Darwin Award waiting to happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted