1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When stupid parents do stupid things

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Sep 5, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Gotta love everyone on here saying, hey, it's not that big a deal. Next time, let it be your kid getting punked by a grownup, even if it was after a late hit.

Besides, that's why they have refs and little yellow hankies.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I also love the "this is what's wrong with youth sports" crowd.

that said, I'm going to encourage my kids (if they want to be athletic) to participate in sports like running, cycling, swimming and things where there is virtually no chance of a coach/parent running across the field to assault them. ;)

As for the use of the word 'allegedly' I just wish some people with do away with the CYA mentality. Sure, call it an 'alleged assault' because that's for the courts to decide. But the AP article I was referring to specifically said "An assistant youth football coach who allegedly rushed onto the field and tackled a boy on the opposing team..."

There's nothing 'alleged' about him tackling the kid. Nothing.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'd said the tackling was alleged, only because I'd prefer to find a stronger word for what he did. Tackling makes it sound like he was only going for the ball.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

"IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!!!"

[​IMG]

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Figure skating... parents there are calm, friendly and put the sport before their nippers....

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I wonder where the parents of the kid who got his shit plowed were?

Draft saved Draft deleted