1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When stupid parents do stupid things

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Sep 5, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ah, but it won't.
    It's like writing a columns ripping fans for acting like assclowns -- it will deliver the message to people who wouldn't do it while the people who will do itwill continue not to have a clue.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'm siding with the parent here, only because what he did was reactive instead of proactive.

While he may have been a bit out of line, the fact of the matter is little Jimmy Latehit condoned the whole sad episode by not playing by the rules. It's street justice, that's all.

I know for a fact that if I were to bet $600 to a bookie that Steve Irwin would live to 50, and then decided to punk out and not pay it, I'd have two broken legs right now. And no football pads would help me.

I wouldn't wheel my ass over to the police later, either, cuz I ain't no punk bitch.

That's just me, though.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Shaggy,

Adults don't hit kids, period.

They guys is a scumbag sleazeball.

Under your thinking, a fan could use a sniper rifle and pick off any opposing player who is flagged for a late hit in a college game. It's reactive!

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

That would be hilarious. Holding, #74 offense, 10 yar--- BOOOM!

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Completely idiotic post.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What, this isn't about Suri Cruise's parents?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's just stupid... what's next? Slapping the opponent because he held his kid?
    It's that kind of babying your kid attitude that raises the next generation of entitled pussies....

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Guys, I was completely fucking kidding, and I thought the weirdness of my post would make that obvious. I mean, c'mon, what kind of bookie accepts bets on Steve Irwin's life span?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

PTI, Rome and everyone has already had a field day with this story. I couldn't believe the footage when I saw it. For those in this thread who call the act "stupid," when you see the film, it's more than that. Do what the guy did to some guy on the streets or the meathead who's been mean-mugging you in the corner of the bar all night, and I guarantee that there just might be some charges. Except it didn't happen in the streets or in the club, it happened at a football game.

That guy needs a couple months in jail to think about what he's done.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

It's beyond stupid. It's a guy who can't control his emotions, and if it means taking it out on a kid, he will.
    He needs jail time and mucho therapy.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Big Daddy is lucky the kids aren't a couple years older, or he'd have got his ass stomped down in a big way.

12. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

I absolutley do not condone or accept what the guy did.

But I thought it was very funny that the father of the kid that got knocked down is claiming his kid suffered some bruising on his jaw and stomach from the hit.

Kid played nearly an entire football game, and that one shot is what caused his bruising.

Again, it was wrong, can't say that strongly enough.

But it does seem that someone has already spoken to an attorney.

Draft saved Draft deleted