1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When sports team tattoos go bad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Saint Lou, May 3, 2007.

1. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

Ouch.

St. Louis Cardinals, Worlb Series Champions, 2000

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/laworder/story/DED03C06806F1628862572D0005F6627?OpenDocument

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Wonder if he'll get another tattoo commemorating the Chefs' Super Bowl title?

3. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

Maybe it was this guy:

[​IMG]

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Cool barbed wire.

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

"The only way to fix it is to have it removed."

As I see it, you could say that about all tatoos.

6. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

A person I know well who reads and writes Japanese tells me that most of the tattoos with Chinese characters--Kanji uses the same symbols in many cases--are either poorly rendered or just flat wrongly used.

So much for making fun of Japanese teeshirts with Janglish sayings; you take the teeshirt off at night.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

It would have been better if the tattoo had said St. Louis Cardinals 2004 World Champions

8. When you decided to get that tatted, you reap what you sew.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/02/fashion/sundaystyles/02tattoos.html?ex=1301634000&en=1622c6da894a8bbe&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

There was a profile two years ago about some dumb dick who went and got "Detroit Pistons 2005 NBA Champs" tatted before the series ended...complete with a big-ass replica of the championship trophy. He was trying to blow off the deal, saying how the team will always be champions to him

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

also, had a friend who owned a tattoo shop and one of his artists was illiterate... said he always tried to make sure he looked at the stencil before the guy started tattooing

and also a friend told me the lip tattoo isn't very painful

Draft saved Draft deleted