1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Satire Becomes Impossible: "Christians" Pray To Golden Calf

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Oct 30, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

2. Just to be clear - the commandment about worshiping idols is in the Old Testament. Also to be clear - I don't think you understand the concept of satire.

Jesus Christ's one commandment was to love thy neighbor as thyself. This is commonly known as the golden rule - treating others as you would like to be treated.

So I take it Zeke that you would have people unknown to you ridicule you for the things you do since this is how you are treating these strangers. Do strangers look at you funny because of your appearance or dress? They do - don't they.

Does it make you feel superior? Does their prayer or beliefs offend you? Or do you think it makes you cool to be so snarky? Are you that successful that your pedestal is so high up? Or are you really just a little boy looking for affirmations from anonymous sheeple.

The Good Book also says "Judge not lest ye be judged." I guess I failed that test because I judge you to be a little dickhead.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Those all appear to be English words, they just aren't arranged in any comprehensible manner.

Try harder, blog boy.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Go Twins!!!!!!!!!!

5. Why would I even bother with you? You're a self important ant in the afterbirth.

Did I hit a nerve?

Maybe I'll pray that you get a clue. Yeah - that's what I'll do.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

More words for less content than anyone in recorded history.

Anything to say about the bull blessing?

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

You might want to pray to the gold statue of Kent Hrbek then.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Is he pulling Ron Gant off the bag in the statue, too? Well, fuck him.

9. Gold

Gold Active Member

Chris L: Jesus said the two greatest commandments were to love God with all of your heart AND to love thy neighbor as thyself.

It was the reading in the past Sunday's Mass, so it was still in my head.

And yeah, the Ten Commandments said "I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt have no other gods before ye (or thee, I can never get those old-style pronouns correct). I think that is the first commandment if you are keeping score at home.

10. It's a stupid story that doesn't qualify as news. As soon as a moderator sees the thread - they'll probably shove it over to Anything Goes where all the moronic threads go. I'm sorry that you can't tell the difference between news and stupidity (from a blog with a camera phone picture no less).

Lookee at all the people posting about "wow - great find Zeke - that's really news - ha ha stupid Christians." No everyone is ignoring your link and making Twins jokes.

Every time I think you really can't be that stupid - you step up and prove me wrong.

11. why so angry?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So that's a no?

Draft saved Draft deleted