1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When it's no April Fool's joke

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Of course we can talk about the Pope. Quit asking silly questions like that. Jesus, no one here expects the Spanish Inquisition...

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Is it too late to mention that Eleanor of Aquitaine, wife of Louis VII and Henry II, died April 1, 1204.

She was 81 and it was more than 100 years before the first use of a firearm, so I doubt that she was shot by her father. Her exact date of birth is a bit of a mystery, but it's unlikely that it was April 2.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The SJ community is saddened by the untimely death of Alton Glenn Miller (March 1, 1904 – missing December 15, 1944), Miller was an American jazz musician, arranger, composer, and bandleader in the swing era. He was one of the best-selling recording artists from 1939 to 1943, leading one of the best known "Big bands". Miller's signature recordings include In the Mood, American Patrol, Chattanooga Choo Choo, Tuxedo Junction, Moonlight Serenade, Little Brown Jug and Pennsylvania 6-5000. While traveling to entertain U.S. troops in France during World War II, Miller's plane disappeared in bad weather over the English Channel. His body has never been found.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hey. You survived the April Fool's joke...

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm sorry to report the following death, due tomorrow:

RIP - April 3, 1882 Jesse James, outlaw, shot dead at 34, in St. Joseph, Missouri by Robert Ford

In lieu of flowers, Sandra requests donations be made to the 3rd Reich Tattoo Parlor on Sunset Blvd. Please respect her privacy at this time.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I laughed the hardest that I have in a while.

Ball's still traveling over the ivy.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The first rule of Marvin Gaye's death is you don't talk about Marvin Gaye's death.

For 26 years.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Just because:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That made me sniggle.