1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When it's no April Fool's joke

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I know many of you might not have been around but on April 1, 1984, Marvin Gaye's father fatally shot him after an argument that started after his parents squabbled over misplaced business documents. Gaye attempted to intervene, and was killed by his father using a gun that Marvin Jr. had given him four months before. Marvin Gaye would have turned 45 the next day.

2. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

A belated R.I.P.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Thank god the 26th anniversary of this tragedy was not allowed to pass us by. Drip, you are a true humanitarian.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I can't let this slide. This post had been up for 26 hours prior to your response. WTF is with you?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I know I had a moment of silence this morning because of it. And I heard Smokey sing. Of course, Marvin did too that day.

6. To be fair Drip, I just saw this post about an hour ago.
    I don't wander off the first page of thread listings.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Is there a statute of limitations on us having to offer an SJ statement of condolence?

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Can Gary Smith write it? Or does he need to work on his writing a bit before we give him such a monumental task?

9. ArnoldBabar

OK, so, due to my own lack of thoroughness in reading the board, I technically missed the actual anniversary by a day. It doesn't take away from my mourning.

10. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

RIP Marvin Gaye. I really liked you in The Client.

11. ArnoldBabar

He was great in that.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Brad Renfro's vocals were good in Sexual Healing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.