1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When IMing goes horribly wrong.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Jun 18, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I kinda thought that I was making this out to be too much, but then again, I'm a Catholic, so my strongest sense is guilt.

And that will make her cut me off completely.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If you're willing to provide her AIM address, I'm sure some of the guys here would be happy to message her on your behalf and straighten out this whole mess ...

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Ok, now that is comedy gold.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Sure, it's IheartJDV

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Phila, just stick with it, keep calling her Sugar Tits and maybe it'll become a sweet little petname with a funny story you'll tell your kids (JDVette and JDV Jr.) about.

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Trust me, the world does NOT need a gaggle of mini-PhilaYanks running around. Black holes would randomly open up throughout the country.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Are you saying you are the Silver Surfer, because if you are, you can call that girl whatever the hell you want.

8. EE94

EE94 Guest

Its not IM, but I remember a story of an assistant SE who had the intent of discussing the dismissal of an employee.
    He wrote the reasons why the guy should be fired and when he went to send the e-mail, because he had the guy's name in his head, inadvertently typed in that guy's address.
    He said he has never experienced a more sickening feeling than the one he had moments after hitting the send button and realizing what he had done.
    I even think the guy was in the office at the time. Can't remember what fireworks ensued

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No lie, but I'm pretty sure BYH starts about half our IMs with "Hey sugartits, what's shakin'?"

Seriously.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I have a cousin who wrote about wanting to kill someone if she didn't get laid soon or something like that in an e-mail she thought was to a friend, but the address she clicked was our grandmother's e-mail.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Right ... a cousin.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Did grandma offer to help?

Draft saved Draft deleted