1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When I'm king, ticks are banished

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oggiedoggie, May 4, 2010.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Along with poison ivy.

Stupid deer ticks. I'm way too big and not fleet of feet enough to ever be mistaken for a deer, but this weekend, I was on the menu.

I went to a farm to visit some friends and spent a bit too much time drinking beer and trying to scare their fainting goat enough for him to actually faint. But I guess I'm just not scary enough.

Driving home I feel the tell-tale speck behind one of my knees and pull off an itsy bitsy deer tick. Six or seven, some in places where I really don't want to look and I'm a seething glob of itch.

Next time, insect repellent first, beer next.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My platform to be elected president is to rid the world of dust.

Ticks are good, too, though.

I bet the goat gave them to you.

3. I tried to take my kid camping this weekend.. We were run off by the ticks.
    I pulled more than a dozen off me in less than an hour.
    I went to break the tent down and there were prolly 20 crawling on the rainfly.

I pulled a bunch off my kid. When we got home that even and stripped down for a shower one came out of shorts.

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I can't wait for your campaign stop in some place luke Lubbock, Odessa or Amarillo.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Just don't get 'em confused! Tho Schlitz could serve as both.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Ticks don't bother me much. They kind of come with the territory when hiking/camping in certain places.
    The worst I've encountered was Itasca.

Draft saved Draft deleted