1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When I am King

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Larryzme1964, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Larryzme1964

Larryzme1964 New Member

When I Am King- Part One

By Larry O. Whitaker, Jr.

Commentary- First things first, this is my fantasy. It is not yours and it is only conjecture. A mere rambling that is for discussion purposes only. Let us agree on one thing: Whether a revolution is “good” or “bad” depends on your perspective.

So, here is my perspective to solve the problems that come up every year and leave people complaining about how hard their favorite teams schedule is versus the opposition’s schedules. If we want to fix the system and make it equal for everyone you have to blow it up.

I propose that we fix the National Football league first and it is so easy to do.

First, we have two Conferences- American and National- with 16 teams in each.

Second, regular season play would be a 15 game season with a team playing each of the teams in their conference one time. (Home this year and away next year.) You would never play an out of conference game except for the Superbowl.

Third, the top eight teams from each conference would make the playoffs. The teams are seeded by record with preset tie breakers. In just three weeks you would have a champion from each conference to play for the Superbowl title.

This would mean a total of 19 possible games a team could play per season. And there would be no whining about which team had the easier schedule because every team in a conference would play the same schedule- with exception to the home/ away set up.

Next week we will tackle the issues that confound everyone with regards to college football and the BCS.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

3. Larryzme1964

Larryzme1964 New Member

and you have a better suggestion...??? I am just tired of listening to all of my NFL buddies from Oakland and Pittsburgh pissing and moaning to each other about how :"If my team had an easy schedule like yours..." So I figured I would piss them off when I ran this in my weekly column... FYI this is from three or four years ago... but the BCS still needs to be fixed....

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"When I am king, you will be first against the wall" -- Radiohead

justgladtobehere likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wait, you're recycling content from three or four years ago!?!

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Are we sure this isn't Rick Reilly writing under a pseudonym?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Strange shit happening here this afternoon.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Is that weekly column posted anywhere besides this board?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I, for one, look forward to his reposting of HOT TAKEZ from four years ago.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Fucking Beej.

Draft saved Draft deleted