1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When good vodka drinking goes bad

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sheri, Jul 12, 2008.

1. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

So it was one of those "I don't think we're in Kansas any more, Toto" moments.

You first mistake was vodka. Tornados do not do well with vodka. Stick to Jim Beam for tornados. Rum is best for hurricanes.

For car, truck, ambulance/train collisions, I find grain alcohol (EverClear or the homemade variety) works best. It gives you the best excuse for puking your guts out, thus retaining your rep has a hard-boiled, seen-it-all street report.

Homicides involving children is a bit more complex. An old-timer suggested rye, Though difficult some times to find, it does seem to do the job, giving the unthinkable a certain panche.

Remember, if you are going to drink irresponsibly, then make sure you drink the correct variety irresposnibly.

You have a tradition to uphold.

2. Jones

Jones Active Member

"I finally showed at the ranch and tell him I'm sorry for being late and that three of his buildings have disappeared."

That's got to be one of my favorite sentences ever on this site -- reads like the first line to a Cormac McCarthy novel.

3. Sheri

Sheri Member

Around these parts, it's hard not to fnd rye.

I don't think the rancher was near as impressed. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted