1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When good QBs get bad tats...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 13, 2012.

1. dieditor

dieditor Member

Shit...I think my sister has a dolphin AND a butterfly. No barbed-wire, but she did recently add my nephew's name in some "script" (read: white-trash) type on the inside of her wrist. Aside from a long-sleeve shirt, what do you use to cover that up, Swatch watches?

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I have yet to hear anyone without tattoos explain their decision satisfactorily, so I just assume they're pussies.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've had serious discussions about investing in this. I don't think it will ever happen, but I think we're 5-10 years away from a lot of women who will be in their mid-30s who might be second-guessing that tramp stamp that they got in college.

4. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

About 8-10 years ago, I read about a woman who was suing her tattoo artist. I think it was in Chicago - - but do not hold me to that.

She claimed that she went to him for a tattoo in the "tramp stamp locale" and that she selected two chinese characters because he told her they meant "peace and harmony with all of the universe". She claimed that she later learned that the characters actually meant "beef with brocccoli".

I would have enjoyed being on the jury for that case - - until it came time to pick a winner between the dumbass who got that tattoo in the first place or the douchebag who conned her into wearing one that presented an interesting double entendre given its locale.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm surprised someone hasn't invented a tattoo process that would be permanent, withstanding water, sweat and time, but wouldn't require lasers to remove. Something that could be removed in a single outpatient procedure.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I don't judge someone because they chose to get a tat, but I do reserve the right to judge someone based on the tat they chose to get...or its location.

BTW, Buck's tat that he's posted photos of is one of the better ones I've ever seen.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

My kids are all into tats. My older son has eight, I believe, including one on his leg of Moby Dick (I shit you not). He and my other son have matching tats on their chest, one with the Latin word for truth and the other with the Latin word for justice in block lettering, which I kind of like. The younger son also has one on his upper arm of a map of Iraq (for his deployment) that got infected after he got it for which he had to go to the ER and get treated. Even my daughter has one, a phoenix on her lower leg that looks like a bad rash. I just sigh and chalk it up to kids being kids in the 21st century.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Former co-worker is now edging into his 30s and recently posted on Facebook that he really wants to be rid of his 90s tribal arm band tattoo. If you have a specific reason for getting one or just like the artwork then that's fine with me. It all depends on the design and location for me. I have seen some really cool ones, but I'm no fan of the tramp stamp. But I know a lot of men and women who will probably be regretting a lot of their choices down the line. I can't say I would never get one, but I have no idea what it would be.
    Honestly, I once saw a guy with his head shaved, and he had a full skull pot leaf tattooed on his head. I wish I had taken a picture, but we were both driving at the time. Pretty sure that guy either works in a smoke shop or he is unemployed.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have a small (no larger than two inches) tattoo on my left shoulder blade. It means something to me, it's not gaudy, and you're only going to see it if I show it to you. So yeah, I'm good with it.

11. JPsT

JPsT Member

He was always doing hard drugs, floated in and out, but man could he hit a baseball. Wonder whatever happened to that guy...

12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Tats? Fuck yeah!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted