1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Fans Attack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Despite being quite the punk, the dude showed pretty good restraint. The woman slapped him and he didn't retaliate.

The old guy had his arms around his head. He didn't throw him down so much as the guy fell over the chairs when dude tried to get him off.

The kid is an asshole but shouldn't face charges because if either the woman or old guy file, he can have them charged for putting their hands on him.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. I was shocked he didn't go all Mariotti on her.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

All of them banned for two years:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/09/03/2010-09-03_fan_trio_in_us_open_brawl_banned_from_flushing_tennis_tourney_until_2013_as_vide.html

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

OK, so the woman slapped the shit out of the annoying kid (the video is on TMZ), then the old man attacks the annoying kid.

I hate to say it because I hate douchebags like the annoying kid, but the old couple is at fault here for getting violent.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Again, you're what, 23, 17?
    The rest of the fans around there should have started jolly stomping the kid's ass.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Or you just call security and let them handle it.

7. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

So old people have a free pass to assault young people? Ridiculous. The kid was being a douchebag, but there's no excuse to get physical. The old guy falling down was his own fault.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. In a public place with security around, there is no excuse for being the one to turn things physical. None.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm closer in age to the old guy than the young guy, but when the old guy throws the first punch, well sorry, but if a donnybrook breaks out from there, you've got no one to blame but your old self.

10. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

That kid was an asshole but you cannot blame him for this. He got slapped and took it, then was sitting down when the old man decided he wanted some. If he was that obnoxious someone should have called security.

If being an asshole could disqualify you from attending sporting events, the Raiders would never have any home attendance.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I just watch tennis matches for the fights.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I just found it funny in the second Miami video, in the background, you can hear a woman talking about how great the academics and the school is at the U., while a group of guys in the stands are brawling.

Draft saved Draft deleted