1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Fans Attack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Two fan brewhaha doozies posted by the Big Lead this morning:

US Open of all places:
    http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/09/03/video-of-a-fight-in-the-us-open-stands/

And just remember, "it's all about the U, baby."
    http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/09/03/fans-brawling-in-the-stands-significantly-more-exciting-than-miamis-45-0-rout-of-florida-am/

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who would think that the U.S. Open was a good place to get your ass kicked?

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I was watching the US Open match when it happened. Djokovic turned and started looking up in the crowd to watch the ongoing brawl. His opponent, Petzschner, turned his back to the whole thing. The look of Djokovic’s face was hysterical.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Damn, security goes after the young guy with a vengeance and the old fogey who provoked it basically gets a pass. 'Course it took about 25 seconds to become veritcal again after tumbling into the row of seats below.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The old fogey didn't provoke it. He just made it physical.

Even without sound you could tell that young guy deserved a beating. Clearly everyone around him wanted him gone.

6. Sports_Scribe

Sports_Scribe Member

Who knew that Ron Artest was into tennis?
    [​IMG]

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sure, he looked obnoxious with all his hand waving and gestures, especially since he was arguing with a woman and an older guy. But I'd still like to know what they were arguing about before making a call.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'd also like to know what the punk said to set the old guy off.

And yeah, if you knock an old guy down, whether you deserve it or not, security is going to kick your ass.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Gutless punk decides to break bad with an old guy and a woman. Hope he got gang-raped in the holding pen.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Noon news in NYC just showed that clip and said young guys was yelling and cursing throughout the match and the lady asked him to knock it off. He started cursing her out and the old guy went after him.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What about the punk's friend who was sitting next to him? Tell your buddy to shut the hell up and watch tennis.

(And if I had a nickel for every time I told that to a friend...um, I'd have zero nickels.)

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Actually, it looked like the old guy came over and physically attacked the young guy. Old people and women can be douchebags, too, and it looks like three total in that video.

Draft saved Draft deleted