1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When elderly school bus monitors get bullied

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Jun 21, 2012.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I don't think you get the psychological humiliation that goes with someone being able to hold you down, do something you clearly do not want to you, and not a single one of your peers cares enough about you to help.

It's every bit the same as the humiliation this woman faced. The only difference I see is that one was an outcast teenager and the other was an outcast elderly woman.

2. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Serious question:

How are you in the position to be able to determine which individual suffered the greater level of humiliation?

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

What these kids have not learned and don't realize yet is that they will someday be an elderly person who is easy to pick on, to victimize, to disrespect, to not care about and to forget about.

It frequently happens to the elderly. They are considered disposable and thrown away. The way we treat our elderly is often despicable.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

And then you'd go to jail for a very long time, causing your mother further pain.

Yay!

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm all-knowing.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I bet both victims felt just as bad.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

"You're so fat and ugly your kids should commit suicide."

said to a woman whose son committed suicide.

NOT EVEN FUCKING CLOSE.

8. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Can't speak for anyone else, having been on the wrong end of both types of situations, they both leave you feeling helpless and shitty about yourself. Whether it's verbal or physical, all you can really do in the moment is hope it stops. Once it becomes physical, you never really know what line someone else is willing to cross.

Neither is better or worse. Both are shattering in terms of self-worth.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'd count on at least one of the dozen jurors having an elderly mother.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

From the talkback section of one of the stories.

"They're raised $140,000 for her. She should take $5K and go to Sandals for a couple weeks and use the other $135K to have those little pricks killed."

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think being bullied by your peers is a lot worse than being bullied by these little punks. But they were absolutely horrible and if my kid was involved in that, he would be grounded for the summer for starters.

The driver should have stopped, refused to take the kids and further and made their parents come get them.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Damn straight.

Draft saved Draft deleted