1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When elderly school bus monitors get bullied

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

An elderly woman in western New York who works as a bus monitor gets verbally and physically harassed by the very teen punks she's paid to work with. They even reach a low when one piece of crap tells her her kids should kill themselves. Sad coincidence is, one of her sons did kill himself 10 years before.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120620/NEWS01/306200023/Greece-bus-monitor-bullying-video

On the bright side, a fundraising campaign was started to raise $5,000 to send her on a vacation. On the very first day, nearly $120,000 was raised.

Frankly, if this was my mother being bullied, I'd be paying some visits to some houses ... with a baseball bat.

2. This is all over the place now. It is pretty awful.

If I caught one my kids acting like that they wouldn't be able to sit down for a week.

3. Sad part is . . . a lot of the parents will laugh first before ever disciplining their kids . . . if at all.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I couldn't get past the first minute. Too painful.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Starman watched it and can't stop laughing...

Those kids should have the shit kicked out of them.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"My baby wouldn't do that..."

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

My proposed punishment: The kids be forced to show that video and explain their role in it to every potential job, college or date until they turn 23.

8. Mizzougrad96

The most disturbing aspect of that video to me is can you imagine the kind of person you have to be to do that to an adult at that age?

Doing it to a kid is completely despicable. Doing it to anyone is despicable. Doing it to a school employee's face = sociopath in training.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You have high hopes for some of these kids.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

American Exceptionalism.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A lot of the people, not just on this board but around the Internet, who are condemning these kids as the future horrible people of America were also willing to say Mitt Romney was just "boys being boys" when he held that kid down and scalped him.

12. Mizzougrad96

Agreed. There's a difference between kids being kids and doing stupid things that they'll regret later, and this... I remember a kid I went to high school with muttering "Fat ass" under his breath after being chewed out by our math teacher and we acted like it was the worst thing in the world.

I have no hope for those kids.

Draft saved Draft deleted