1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When do you run this? Or do you?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SoSueMe, Mar 27, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

RESPECT MY GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT-GREAT (or some number of greats) GRANDFATHER, JOHN A. MacDONALD, YOU ASSHOLES!

The man could drink ANY of you under the table, and that includes the fact that I know a lot of alcoholic sports writers.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

In Texas, schedule release stories are a pretty good staple, they're quick and easy to do and they are in pretty high demand among the fans, even though the only real controversy seems to arise from a team's non-district schedule and their homecoming opponent.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yes.

4. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I'm waiting.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, first question is, historically significant to whom?

I'd suggest that Sir John A. was one of the great nationbuilders of the 19th century.

6. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

Buck--didn't mean to start a geopolitical feud here as a result of my overall ignorance regarding Canadian college football. Just honestly asking an innocent question.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's OK. Wingman gets a little testy when anyone criticizes American hegemony.

8. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I knew that would get a rise out of you. :)

I don't think it's a gross generalization to say that a lot of Americans are profoundly ignorant of the world outside their borders and that their world view is pretty narrow. Hell, your President is proof of that.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The only surprise in that last post is that it took JR that long to make the predictable "I hate your president" post.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't "hate" your President. I just think he's notoriously incompetent. Let's face it, if he weren't a Bush, he would probably be a greeter at Wal-Mart.

The fact that Fredo is notoriously uncurious about the world around him is a fact that even his most avid supporters agree on. It's not an accusation.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But it's true of a large segment of America, myself included.

It was a gratuitous shot, and quite frankly, one I expected much earlier once the thread took this turn.

Draft saved Draft deleted