1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When did "The Office" jump the shark?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

It was watchable through the first six seasons. I gave up early in season seven.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

When the writers ran out of funny story lines.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

After one episode. *

* I was late to the party, and I'd heard so much about the show, it couldn't possibly live up to the hype. So, yeah, it was over before it really had a chance to start. But, I loved it a lot, a lot more than almost any other show I'd ever seen -- until about right after the wedding.

4. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

When Jim and Pam became a couple.

5. vicd

vicd Active Member

When Ricky Gervais danced.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

That is exactly how I feel. What Jim and Pam did to get married was great, it would have been a great ending to the show.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I've said a couple times on the main Office thread, I simply choose to view Niagara as the series finale. If that doesn't work, then Goodbye Michael is a strong finisher. I've blacked out everything else, and only half pay attention while my wife goes through the motions each week.

Also, TWSS.

8. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

This show has made such a leap over the shark that the replacement for the departing Robert California really ought to be Ted McGinley.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep. I would have been happy with Jim and Pam looking out happily from that boat as the end of the show. I'm with you totally on this.

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

That actually would have shown a massive amount of self-awareness from the show's writers and been hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted