1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When did I move to Hell?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

The clock read 3:36 when the leaders made the turn.

The thermometer below read 109 degrees.

Cart girl had a cooler of iced towels for the players (and kind local media).

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Kind of on a side note...

If I ever coach a little league team, no way in hell will they wear a dark color.

I saw a news clip today of a team in navy blue shirts playing outside (100 degrees with about 65% humidity). What parks and rec leagues still allow dark shirts is beyond me.

ROYGBIV

The more you drift to the right on that scale, the hotter it gets.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if I've ever been as hot as I was yesterday at the ballgame. We had great seats, about eight rows behind the dugout. And we baked. Water at $4 a bottle actually seemed like a bargain.
    Today will be hotter but I will be in my air conditioned office.

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Worse with kids' baseball unis is the cotton shirts, nylon pants and knee-high acrylic socks.

Nice in early season when the weather turns cold. In June, the kids swelter and the Under Armor-type shirts are worth the money for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted