1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When did I move to Hell?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 7, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Believe me, my friend, I won't. I prefer 96 and muggy. I don't like breathing without a struggle. It gives me the rush I need to move on with my day.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Going to be worse today (I'm in DC now) and I'm seriously rethinking my decision to watch baseball. Very bad baseball and very hot weather are not a good combination. Last night was bad enough. I hit the trifecta of horseshit - watching the Belmont, watching Luis Ayala pitch and getting rained on afterward. And being hot as hell doing all three - the rain didn't help much.

Today cannot possibly suck as much as yesterday except for it being even hotter.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Moddy, it's 54 here right now. I think the high is 75 today and partly cloudy. You're welcome to come on over.

But I can only offer you an amateur baseball game or the Twins vs. Chisox on TV.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Little League baseball is better than what I'm paying out the fanny to see today.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Ouch.

I'll spring for the popcorn.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Only if you're not dealing with batshit parents. ::)

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

in Trenton it's 97 with a thousand pounds of humidity. Brutal.

8. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Heat index map if you want to track the miserableness of us southern folk. :)

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/usheat.gif

9. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

I tracked it. It only made me feel sympathy because I'm dealing with this:

low 70s, high clouds, max. humidity around 40 percent.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I was at a funeral today, which I found out about at about 11:30 last night. Holy moly did that suck. My darkest suit it's a sauna outside. Blah. I was thinking about this thread.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It's funny, I was driving around this morning in the gray, upper-50s weather and said to my wife, "I hope it gets nice before next weekend when everybody's here." But then I realized that a bunch of you are probably in summer hell and will love it.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If I were going to Seattle, I'd love those temps. Especially since I look like a lobster right about now.

Draft saved Draft deleted