1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When did I move to Hell?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 7, 2008.

1. snuffy2

snuffy2 Member

What a surprise, the first to politicize the weather is a mad-at-the-world Cheney apologist who shouts out an illogical disconbobulated connection. While the pot heats up, we expect better of our fellow thick-skinned froggies.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That it hasn't hit 100º in Dallas yet is a bit of an upset. (Got to 99º one day last week.)

It's been humid as hell (which is very unusual for us), but the same high-pressure dome that's keeping the storms stuck over the Midwest is keeping those storms from forming here. Night before last, a lovely-looking line of thundershowers fizzled out over I-35.

To top it off, we've had wind gusts in the 40s. Put it all together, and you have wonderful weather for fire bugs.

3. It's about 98 here. Absolutely dreadful. The wife, child and I have all been somewhat miserable toward one another.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

95 with heavy, slunky humidity. Feels like 198.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

94 here in the steamy Gulf South, with a heat index of 98. In other words, it's June. Weatherman just goes on vacation from Memorial Day to Labor Day. The forecast every day is high of 92, low 70, 20-30 percent chance of an afternoon thunderstorm. Rinse, lather, repeat.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oh, it's both. ;)

But hey, don't let my traffic-clogged, smog-filled, earthquake-rattling, crime-riddled, fake-plastic state keep you from enjoying the benefits of the suffocating climate the rest of y'all are always complaining about ... 8)

7. joe

joe Active Member

Thermometer in the shade outside my house says 80 degrees. Damn thing lies. What it doesn't say is the humidity is in the high 90s.

After sweltering last night with the fan on high, I finally turned the AC on today. Life's too short to be fucking miserable all the time.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

[Threadjack]
    Hey, Xan came back! Did this just happen, or have I sleptwalked through months on SportsJournalists.com?[/threadjack]

9. Habeas Corpus

Habeas Corpus Member

99 and sunny here. Single-digit humidity, though. Can't complain.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Can't help with the old, but if it's a moderate climate you want, Microville is the place, plus D-I sports, close minor-league baseball, and NFL and MLB within reasonable driving distance. (plus no preppy clothes or snotty FFVs or DOTCs, and I found sweet tea in the groc store today).

Supposed to be getting warmer in Seattle next week, mid-70s by Friday, which would be a first for the year of absolutely no spring in the PNW.

11. StevieNicks

StevieNicks Member

About 72 here today. Sunny with a few clouds. Shorts, short-sleeved shirt. No sweat.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

i just saw the sun for the first time in a week.

Draft saved Draft deleted