1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When did ESPN lop off Mort's you-know-whats?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Aug 2, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Watching SportsCenter (yeah yeah yeah) and I noticed Adam Schefter is doing the tour bus thing to all the NFL training camps. Isn't this what Mortensen did for years and years? And wasn't he the first one to conduct tours of training camps, back before ESPN owned the world? I'd be fucking livid if I were Mortensen, who has owned the NFL on ESPN since Schefter was in diapers (OK not that long, but a long time).

2. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

They're both doing it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/feature/index?page=MortSchefterCamp2010

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Diapers? Hell, it wasn't that long ago he attached himself to Albom's hip, nodding vigorously at every word and drooling down his pen cap and chewed on it like it was his momma teat.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Schefter is more connected. He gets more scoops. He gets more camera time. The end.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

More connected than Mort?

I mean, I know the guy was a bigwig in Denver, and then the NFL Network. I know he's on the short list of big-time NFL reporters. I just find it hard to believe he's surged past Mort, who was doing this when Schefter was in college.

And re: both of them doing this, I guess this is what happens when I watch SportsCenter once a month. Such ignorance is a small price to pay.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Totally OT, but other than the one on westcoastvol's, that's my favorite usage of a post of mine in a tagline

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you don't follow Schefter on twitter (you should). In between breaking news items, he's been going on and on about those stupid tour buses for weeks.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Shefter really needs some grammar help, verbally. I've heard him make
    more bad/invalid word choices on-air then anyone north of Stuey, since his ascendence.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted