1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Delta Burke was H-O-T, not a H-O-G

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

Found "First and 10," all 80 eps, in the five-buck bin at Meglamart the other night.

Watched the first four eps this a.m. and while it is hokey and tame compared to today's standards, it's still kinda funny, albeit it in a campy kinda way.

2. Re: When Delta Burke was H-O-T, not an H-O-G

"An"?

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

Full of fail, I be! That's what I get for editing "now" to "not"

Thanks for the heads up, FB... and welcome back!

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Wow. I can't believe that series was on for 80 episodes. All I can remember about it is USFL game footage and wet tee shirt contests.

I wonder how much of your $5 will to the Goldman family out O.J.'s residuals.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Delta Burke was hot once?

;)

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have that DVD set. I loved the series at the time and watched it again from beginning to end when I go the DVDs. Some of the humor still holds up. Some of it is just bad. There were some dark moments. They did a lot of stories about drug use, recrational and performance-enhancing. Sometimes they dealt with those things well. Sometimes, not so much.

The best part may be the guest stars and cameos. The appearances by Lawrence Taylor later in the series are outstanding. There are also a few recognizable faces who were just getting started, like Chris Meloni of Oz and SVU.

And yes, Delta Burke was hot.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Before 1st and 10 Delta Burke did a spot on the old Mike Hammer series, when it was still pure gumshoe T&A.

8. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

She was Miss Florida in 1974

9. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

OK, she's hot

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Oh dear...where did that body go?

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Um, wouldn't it be "an" if we're spelling it out? "An aitch (pronouncing the letter)" since the sound starts with an a sound?

Same as with RSVP. Send AN RSVP because R, when pronounced, has a vowel sound at the beginning?

Draft saved Draft deleted