1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Bush says "Islamic fascists" WHO is he trying to pick on?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 10, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

You know, it's really interesting just how much some posters can get away with here.

Let one of the newer folk knock out a post like that and the bitch would be down in seconds. And by "newer folk," I mean someone with less than 10,000 posts.

Just find it a bit odd.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I have the same question but ,hey, I'm over it. This isn't the first time I've been called such words, but I'm not going to let it stop me from doing what I want to do on here.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, just ignore him. The rest of us do.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Normal people would. I dont think he knew the difference.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Oh, right. Sorry. I missed the source of funding. However, my Neocon calculator-atron also has an input for current gasoline prices. As such, the result now is Venezuela.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I have Chuck. Went into it with an open mind, and actually enjoyed some of what I had. But for a post-church meal on Sunday, Middle Eastern food just doesn't cut it.

That being said, and I've written about this on my blog, the BEST plate of fajitas I ever had was in a hotel restaurant in Abu Dhabi in the UAE. And one of the best plates of fettucine alfredo I've ever had was at a sidewalk cafe in Haifa, Israel.

Just saying.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If we've got a wood to invade a country, let's try the Falklands and Argentina. I hear they're ripe for the picking.

8. trounced

trounced Active Member

Bush knew what word he was using. He probably should have said Islamofascists instead of Islamic Fascist but he definitely meant fascist.

9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I was workin' down on the border when the Luby's massacre took place in Killeen ...

Managing editor sent one of our reporters and a shooter (oops, photog) to Luby's at lunchtime to do a man/woman in the street.

I decided to go, well, just to watch.

Hope the manager was wearin' Depends that day ...

Fascists are everywhere, including 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Well, am I wrong to think fanatics would be a better word?

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

You're right. Venezuela.

I need to get my Neocon calculator-atron fixed. I have the old model that runs on meglomania and castor oil.

Draft saved Draft deleted