1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Bush says "Islamic fascists" WHO is he trying to pick on?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

Chuck has spoken out against it Boom, on other threads. he and I have talked about it. What you did was make a gross generalization about a religion, therefore offending him. It would be like me, being jewish, said all christians are KKK members or something of the sort. It simply is not true.

Are there many radicals Muslims that give the rest of their religion a bad name? Yes there are. But there are many people of many religions that do the same - maybe just not on a worldwide scale.

don't group every muslim into one category. that is what Chuck is upset about. and with good reason.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I admit, I used the wrong word there. I'm not "sure" but I'm guessing that, yes, there is a possibility that there are Muslims that would think of doing these types of things in Dearborn. But these things aren't in the open to see. It's all underground work, if you can see what I'm saying.

P.S. Being a terrorist goes against everything that Islam stands for. Just because he may be of the Arab,Indian, or Pakistani race, does not make him a Muslim automatically. And if a terrorist insists that he is a Muslim, then he is a hypocrite.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Mixed signals are sent out at best.

BTW, Shiites believe all Sunnis are going straight to hell. Sunnis think all Shiites are also on their way to hell. Kind of like how as a catholic I was raised to believe that the souls of episcopalians will burn in eternal damnation too. Except that only the previous sentence was anything less than true.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You have it wrong - the good Dominican fathers that I learned from said that it was the jesuits that would burn in hell.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The nun in charge of the CCD when I was young was about 135 years old and from Ireland. I couldn't understand half the shit she said, but boy did I pray. Mostly that she wouldn't steal the lucky charms.

6. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

These nuts were from Pakistan eh?

Using my Neocon calculator-atron, this means we should now invade...(working)....(working)....(working).... Jordan.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Interesting. My Neocon calculator-atron came back with the invasion destination of Peru.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think we should invade Djibouti ... just because.

9. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Did you remember to input both country of origin/nationality AND source of funding?

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There is a lot of ignorance and bad information on this thread. Baptists can't lead you to a good BBQ place after church, because all the best joints are closed on Sundays.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Whoa whoa whoa, have any of you been to a Middle Eastern restaurant?

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Slightly OT, but I'm gonna ask anyway...

Does anyone else think GWB meant to say "fanatics" instead of "fascists"?

Saying fascist just seemed like the wrong word to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted