1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When bench clearing lacrosse brawls breakout

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, May 15, 2012.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Th rich kid thing is bullshit in Canadian box lacrosse.

2. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

meh, not the most violent thing to ever happen at a lacrosse game
    http://www.mynorth.com/My-North/May-2010/Deadly-Lacrosse-Game-on-Mackinac-Island-at-Fort-Michilimackinac-in-1763/

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

That's what I would do. Let them knock each other the fuck out and let them sue each other.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Dude, I live in Maryland. It's not bullshit here.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Thanks, dude.

Glad to know that refs would do nothing while 2 kids were pounding on one kid.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You can tell they're canuckistanis by the way the two dudes stopped and threw the gloves and helmet before stepping in at around the :30 mark of the second video. Plainly the fighting style of kids raised in hockey culture.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's lacrosse culture as well. It is what is done in 90% of box lacrosse fights. You can't fight through a cage. Even though this league is 16 to 18, fighting is only a 5 minute penalty. It is a completely different game than field lacrosse, a much better gam IMO.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

all three fans were in an uproar.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I guess I'm just not as familiar with lacrosse culture. It just cracked me when I saw that, immediately thought "these two kids clearly grew up watching hockey fights." Maybe that's where lacrosse kids took it from.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Most box lacrosse players also play hockey, which is fitting since the box version of the sport was invented by hockey promoters who wanted a use for their arenas during the summer months.

It turned out to be excellent cross-training, and some prominent NHL players have also been first-rate lacrosse players at some point in their lives. Joe Nieuwendyk, for example, was the top scorer on teams that won two consecutive Canadian Junior A championships in 1984 and 1985 - Gary Roberts was a teammate at least one of those years - and he was the most valuable player of the 1984 final.

Adam Oates won three straight Ontario Junior A MVP awards in the early 1980s and still holds the records for most assists (19) and most points (29) in a single Junior A game.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Suprising that was not 28 assists and one goal.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

A lot of those kids were breaking a lot of the fighting "rules" in that brawl. Some were following, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted