1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When bench clearing lacrosse brawls breakout

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, May 15, 2012.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Bench clearing brawl breaks out between two Intermediate A (16-18) lacrosse teams in BC.

and here's a different angle, more close up. Some real hay-makers thrown.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sweet donnybrook, but it peters out way faster than you think it will.

And here I was always led to believe that lacrosse players had stamina.

3. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

There's some joke in here about Canada's national sport, but I can't seem to figure it out.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

National summer sport. Just to be clear. :)

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

That's what she said.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

For a minute it looked like the flow of a rugby match.

I like how the goalie waddled out to the blue line to take out a dude.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is your coverage area isn't it?

I am very familiar with this league as someone very close to me it plays in it. This is the age group where they are first allowed to fight, the beginning of each year is a shit show, but this was bad.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Meaning the coaches encourage them to drop gloves in the first few games? The players don't understand the unwritten rules of brawling (like no two-on-ones or punching a defenseless opponent)?

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

No, you have a bunch of testoterone filled kids that are all of a sudden allowed to fight. There are more fights at the beginning of the year than at the end. It is a novelty and theses teenagers think they have something to prove. A bench clearing brawl rarely happpens. Line brawls a little more often but the norm is just a 1 on 1 fight.

10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Has anyone told Canada that this is Canada's national (summer) sport? Word doesn't seem to have gotten out just yet.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Yes it is, spent all day yesterday chasing it, thought some on the board may enjoy the clips.

Bench clearing brawls at this level are rare, league commissioner said it was the first one he had seen in 12 years at the post. 15 suspensions.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The team that I am close to had a line brawl last week. They play Nanaimo this weekend. The coaches need to be suspended for a very long time.

Draft saved Draft deleted