1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Animals Escape!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

PETA will love this.

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

The quote about the giraffe kicking opening the pen is priceless. You just made my afternoon :D

3. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

From the AP story:

Says Aben: "You have to imagine somebody rubbing his eyes first thing in the morning and saying, 'Am I seeing things or is that 15 camels walking past?'''

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hey its Amsterdam. That's an honest question.

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Man, that story sounds better than the one I read.

6. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Full AP:

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) - Amsterdam police say 15 camels, two zebras and an undetermined number of llamas and potbellied swine briefly escaped from a traveling Dutch circus after a giraffe kicked a hole in their cage.
    Police spokesman Arnout Aben says the animals wandered in a group through a nearby neighborhood for several hours after their 5:30 a.m. breakout.
    The animals were back at the circus later Monday after being rounded up by police and circus workers with the assistance of dogs. Aben says neighbors fed some of the animals - which he said was a bad idea - but they were tame and nobody was hurt.
    Says Aben: "You have to imagine somebody rubbing his eyes first thing in the morning and saying, 'Am I seeing things or is that 15 camels walking past?'''

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Follow me! Follow me to freedom!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Was one of the zebras in question this guy?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted