1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wheeling Jesuit lacrosse player beaten to death

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BenPoquette, Sep 2, 2013.

1. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Hey Dick, thanks for letting me know what I should think looks odd or out of place. Next time I will check with you, the all-knowing sage or normalcy and propriety.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm just asking why you think it looks odd or out of place, particularly since you said that you felt that way in lieu of the other thread, in which it was explained several times that suspects at large are frequently identified by their race.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ah yes the butthurt returns.

As usual, they are Concerned, VERY CONCERNED, that somewhere in America Tonight, Some Dark Person Is Getting Away With Something.

4. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I heard that is exactly the lesson the Lee Atwater chair in media studies at Bob Jones University likes to impart on day one in all the courses in the department.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I never have, either, sports or news.

6. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Because usually it is as part of a more detailed description, for instance: the assailant is nearly six feet tall with a medium build and short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, jeans and a brown hat.

Instead we know this guy was white. Period. Just looked strange to me...either lazy reporting or an incomplete description.

Draft saved Draft deleted