1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wheel of Fortune episode -- Jan. 23 (Wednesday) SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Wow. You actually got a story done on you. Tell me what that was like.

When I was on Jeopardy, my local 40k rag -- the same 40k rag I spent 7 1/2 years writing and reporting -- did two paragraphs buried in briefs in the "Showcase" section. At least the golf writer at the LA Daily News did a nice piece on it for her golf column.

2. clarkington

clarkington Member

Mrs. Clarkington's episode airs on March 19 ... she did pretty well. And the trip was amazing. She was the only woman on her episode, so you'll know which one she is.

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Not only did the tv station do a story, my hometown paper did one and the town I live in did one.

It was interesting. They came and recorded me watching it and then interviewed me. They ran a promo all day with me doing a "hometown Howdy" and that I would be on later that evening.

And I will look for Mrs. Clarkington. That's awesome!

4. donnie23

donnie23 Member

Dear Bird, the answer is ... donnie23. Taped in Culver City yesterday. Airs April 12. I await the critiques from SJ Nation.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Awesome.

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I presume this is a wof ep

7. donnie23

donnie23 Member

You presume correctly. I got "the call" about three weeks ago after auditioning more than six months prior. I have been specifically instructed not to post anything about winnings online before the air date on 4/12/10, but I can say with confidence that I did not win another grandfather clock (which was my winning haul from The Price is Right in 2007.)

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Wasn't your TPiR airing on April 16? I remember this because I saw you win the grandfather clock, then the big wheel, then they cut away to Virginia Tech coverage, which at that point went from 1 dead, 2 injured to holy fuck this is a catastrophe.

Maybe you'll be on the new Let's Make a Deal on April 13, 2013.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

This is OUTstanding, Donnieballgame! CONGRATS!!!!!

Do you know how freakin' rare it is to get on TWO game shows! Well, well done!

I need a reminder this is on somehow, so I don't forget to set the DVR.

10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I wasn't told anything of that nature about winnings when I went. I wonder if that is a new thing. Hmmm

And like bird said, congrats... I so want to get on another show. I watch GSN and think, man, I could so rule at some of these things!

11. donnie23

donnie23 Member

That's funny -- I can't SEE you outside my window, but I can certainly feel you staring in.

But seriously, yes, my TPIR episode aired on the day of the VT shootings. I think we're all hoping for a slightly calmer mid-April day this time around.

Bird -- no doubt, there's a whole lot of luck in there. I will never be able to climb even the small side of the Jeopardy! mountain you climbed, though.

BD -- there was nothing in the paperwork covering whether or not I can discuss winnings, but the contestant coordinators made it clear that I could not post anything online before the air date. I can safely tell you, however, that I did not receive the house minimum of $1,000, nor will I be the second $1M winner.

Draft saved Draft deleted