1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wheel of Fortune episode -- Jan. 23 (Wednesday) SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bydesign77, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

take the choc. fudge out for a test drive. it will not disappoint.

2. Strawberry is the best. I cannot be swayed on this one.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Where ya been?

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm with you, chief.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

First. No, you can't borrow any money. I don't have it yet, and probably won't for another few months. Ask Birdscribe about his jeopardy winnings.

If slappy's wife thinks I was big on the show, just remember Pat is small. It's all deceiving on TV. And I was bigger at one point. I weigh 280. Before I started with Delta, I was 330.

The house minimum is 1,000 per puzzle. Which is why I solved when I did on that one. No sense in risking Bankrupt for a few more hundred. I was guaranteed 1,000 just for being on the show. Now for the list of questions.

1. Who the fuck thinks of chalet. What kind of fucking word is that? The first toss up usually has to do with the theme of the show. I had ski quick and then rustic. Resort fit into the last word so I went for it.

2. I wasn't on tour, just a club pro. Then I found out you had to be really good at golf to pass the PAT and go full on with it. My career winnings? Probably 5,000 in gambling as a pro.

3. I appreciate the comment. The lady who won everything was in a daze the whole time. After solving the puzzle for the trip for Hawaii, I told her during the break, good call on the C. She didn't remember calling the C.

4. I've been beating myself up over that. I paused after turning in the free spin and was about to buy another vowel but was scared of being burned. But now, looking back, they were all there. The I, the O and the U. Had I spent the 750 to buy all three, I would have had the puzzle. Oh well. And who the fuck calls an S there. It didn't fit. R did.

5. I knew the bonus before the extra letters came up. Fuck, that close to 25,000.

6. Thanks for the support and good luck to the Mrs. Let me know when she'll be one :)

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Well done, BD, well done. You were in command throughout. That space cadet from Wisconsin seemed like she was in a daze the whole time. It almost seemed like she got lucky and backed into winning -- even with that monster puzzle.

What amazed me, however, was the way all three of you blazed through those puzzles. There wasn't much down time or screwing up from any of you.

Because we're on "Storm Watch" here in SoCal, they closed the Grapevine on I-5. So everyone has to travel the freeway I take to get home. Ergo, it took me nearly 3 HOURS to drive home. I pulled into my driveway at 8:02.

Here's the thing. I stopped at Best Buy on my way home to see if I could catch some of it. Instead, they have this house crap on all the TVs. I started flipping channels on one of the TVs and got nothing but a big bag O' dick and dirty looks from one of the clerks.

I did this because I wasn't sure if one of my kids recorded it. But my daughter did, so we watched it last night.

Great to see you take home a nice little bonus and more than represent yourself well.

OK, SportsJournalists.com... who's next?

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Well, I signed up for the Jeopardy online test next week...

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd try out for Press Your Luck, but until Peter Tomarken gets back behind the podium, I think I'm staying put.

9. Gold

Gold Active Member

When Wheel was on, the had an emergency notification system in southern California converning the weather. I always thought that was in case the Russians were going to drop bombs on us, but no, they use if for rain and I can't hear what was going on. Then I got a phone call and my kids changed it to the Simpsons. So I only got to see you but the part I could hear was the woman who wom the first puzzle.

But I did see you, by design, so I guess that is something.

10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I'm taking that test as well. Good luck.

Oh, and to answer another question. The wheel is heavier than you think. You don't really spin it, you push it hard. Full strength I think I could get it around a full rotation and a few more spaces.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What were Sajak and Vanna like off-camera? (now there's a fanboy question for ya) Sajak has always struck me as a guy who is maybe funnier than the constraints of his show would allow. Vanna, maybe not.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

you'd need a shovel, some smelling salts and a kick stand for that to happen, yes?

Draft saved Draft deleted