1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatthehell?!?!? We set our clocks forward THIS weekend?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bad Guy Zero, Mar 3, 2009.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I have a 9 a.m. EDT (for my PST self) flight Sunday after a long Saturday of work. Had we all been reminded a month ago, I definitely would have scheduled the later flight. Crap.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Ok, so they do now observe it? (Indy is where I fly out of Sunday) I thought the only states that didn't were Arizona and Hawaii...

3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Worst day of the year for people like me who hate summer and love the snow.
    (Hi Moddy!)

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm turning my clocks ahead 12 hours.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's gonna be a glorious day.

Wish it was year round. Hell, I wish we had Double Daylight Saving Time. I'd love to see daylight at 11 p.m. without flying to Alaska.

In fact, I'd like to see the whole Central Time Zone combined with Eastern so I don't have to change all the times on the agate.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'd put it on the short list of things he got right.

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Ahem. Tusculum is west of the Cumberland Mountains. The Allegheny portion of the range is farther north and does not extend south out of West Virginia.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yes.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Actually, Tusculum bills itself as the oldest west of the Appalachians, which is all-encompassing. Tusculum is actually east of what are considered the Cumberlands, but west of the Smokies.

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

OU has never billed itself as oldest west of the Appalachians.. just the Alleghenies.

Draft saved Draft deleted