1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whatthehell?!?!? We set our clocks forward THIS weekend?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bad Guy Zero, Mar 3, 2009.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Re: Whatthehell?!?!? We set our clocks forward THIS weekend?

Have neither gained nor lost that extra hour of sleep in a few years. Hell, I can't remember the last time I was in bed before 2 a.m.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be one less hour of work if you move the clocks forward an hour?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

East of Wheeling and Youngstown?

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Volleyball at the beach next week. Yippee!!!

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sadly, Indiana has adopted daylight savings time, thus ending generations of mindbending confusion around this time of year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Indiana

I remember a great AP story a few years ago about how, because of the state's two time zones and its refusal to adopt DST, the state was losing businesses and nobody could figure out what the hell time it was. There were goofy things, too, like if you lived in the Central time zone and worked in the Eastern time zone, you'd leave at 6:30 to drive 30 minutes to work, and get there at 9.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Arizona still doesn't follow DST. I always get confused when I call my friends in Phoenix about what time it is there.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dammit! Took me years to figure all that out.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hmmm...yes, you would be right. Except not for me in this case because I get off at 2. So no change in my hours.

Poop! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I had to work an hour of mandatory overtime when we set the clocks back. That kind of sucked.

10. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

My head hurts reading that. 6:30 to 9? Central standard to Eastern daylight would mean I'd need to have 2 clocks in my house.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Kentucky is divided, almost in half, by the Eastern and Central time zones.

One of our schools baseball/basketball/softball/volleyball teams play in a region where all of the schools are on Central time, and every team from the region hates traveling to said school for games.

Heck, my county has both time zones for some reason. Granted the time zone line is only a few feet (maybe 50-75) from the county line where there are almost no houses, but it's still weird.

12. blueview

blueview Member

Thank goodness. I'll take any extra sun I can get right now. Plus, the extra hour of daylight helps with the snow melt.

Draft saved Draft deleted