1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your worst day ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

24 years ago ... my God. We. Are. Old.

2. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

That will get worse. ;)

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Shush. I watched Dirty Dancing last night and fell in love with Patrick Swayze all over again.

4. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

Jeremiah Castille.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jack Clark, Game 6, 1985 National League Championship Series.

Montreal Canadians, Game 2, 1993 Stanley Cup.

The girl in Bennington, 1996.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

My initial impulse was to say something about some damned work thing. But I mean, c'mon, it's just work. Any dumbass can get a job of some kind or other, even now.

Certainly it was nothing to do with any game, real or fantasy.

The day my dad suddenly died in 1984, not a good day. But shock sets in and you just kinda sleepwalk yer way through it.

The day my girlfriend broke up with me in 1981 was pretty awful.
    Probably gets my vote.

The fact that I eventually married her in 2004 in no way erases that. The memory of that still hurts like hell today when I let it. (I would never, ever mention that to her, of course, even at my drunkest.)

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Crybaby. The kid that beat you out tried just as hard.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's bull, and you know it. He didn't have a hit during the last six games of the season. He was a defensive liability, an easy out in the sixth spot, and he had the baseball smarts of a newborn. Al sucked.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Al also married the prom queen and has a smoking hot girlfriend on the side.

Or so I heard.

He's actually a solid guy.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I feel a relapse approaching.

11. Oh, do we have a thread for you?
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/64559/

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

To be fair . . .when you're that age, there's not a lot of moments to choose from.

- When David Lee Roth left Van Halen. Thought I'd never get to see them live.
    - Lakers losing the 1989 Finals in a sweep after sweeping through the West. Magic and Scott were hurt, the threepeat dream was over.
    - Seven out of every 10 Raiders seasons in my lifetime.
    - Not getting to go to the comic store to find out if Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow were able to break Stalker, Quick Kick and Snow Job out of the Borovian Gulag . . until AFTER a guy at school spilled the beans. I thought for sure there would be at least one death . . . .
    - Not getting to see Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade opening night, when it seemed like everyone I knew was there. They weren't, but being 14 . . . .

Still, never freaked like those youngsters. That video was pure gold.

Draft saved Draft deleted