1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your top 10 Games of the Year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by urgrad04, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Like outofplace, a completely biased opinion from me says this should be No. 1.

Colts had started the season 13-0; Steelers won four straight after a 7-5 start to sneak in. And the Steelers won in what was one of the more improbable runs the NFL has seen.

And think about what happened in the last 5:30 alone in that game, when the Steelers led 21-10 ...

--Steelers seal it, No. 1 -- Manning's pick to Polamalu
    --Replay somehow overturns that
    --Three plays later, the Colts march into the end zone and get the two-point conversion
    --Cowher reverts to his ultra-conservative self and the Steelers go three-and-out
    --Steelers seal it, No. 2 -- Joey Porter's two sacks results in a turnover on downs
    --Steelers seal it, No. 3 -- The Bus in a goal-line situation, bleeding clock
    --The Bus fumbles, and Big Ben -- the fastest Steeler on the field on that play -- makes the Terrible Tackle
    --Colts march into field-goal range, but don't make it an easy try for Vanderjagt
    --Steelers seal it, finally -- wide right; Dungy, Manning, Cowher and The Bus all caught on camera saying, "He missed it!"

... I might never experience a more agonizing sequence of plays in my life. That game drained me.

After that comes Texas-USC, George Mason-UConn and the World Cup final, which wouldn't have been all that memorable without Zidane.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Oops ... I meant the final match.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

10 -- Reds vs. Indians, June 30 -- Adam Dunn's 9th inning grand slam caps a five-run ninth for the host Reds, who won 9-8. The Reds, who scored their nine runs in the last two innings, trailed 7-0 heading into the dramatic last two innings.

9 -- Rutgers vs. Louisville

8 -- Italy vs. France World Cup Final

7 -- New Orleans vs. Atlanta -- first game in The Superdome post-Katrina

6 -- Miami vs. Dallas, Game 5 NBA Finals

5 -- Mets vs. Cardinals, Game 7 NLCS

4 -- Carolina vs. Edmonton, Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals

3 -- Indianapolis vs. Pittsburgh, second round NFL playoff game

2 -- George Mason vs. UConn, NCAA elite eight

1 -- Texas vs. USC -- Rose Bowl, BCS National Championship Game. Wire-to-wire winner this year.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hell. Fucking. No. <buckweaver>

Hey Buck, what if we dug up a glorious Braves come from behind victory, would that make the cut?

Draft saved Draft deleted