1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your stand on gay marriage?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Alma, Jan 9, 2007.

?

What's your stand on gay marriage?

1. For it. Marriage is about love, not law.

56.0%
  2. For it. I'd never look someone I know in the eye and say no.

13.2%
  3. For it. But I don't blame those who aren't.

4.4%
  4. For it. But I don't think gay couples should raise kids.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Torn. Undecided. Or don’t really know or care.

5.5%
  6. Against it. Because of my religious/spiritual values.

12.1%
  7. Against it. Not out of faith - I just don't agree with it.

8.8%
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

A serious discussion, please. I'm asking the board for a bigger reason beyond mere vox populi. I'm really interested in everyone's measured, sincere, non-profane opinion. I think it's a very important issue.

Thanks.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You know this won't end well, right.

I'm for it. As I've stated on here numerous times, my (now ex) stepmother is gay, and she deserves to be allowed to marry her partner as much as my idiot of a father deserves to be allowed to his fourth or fifth wife.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is not going to end well.

My theory is life is too short to deny people happiness.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I am completely for it. My friend isn't allowed to marry his partner of 10 years because they're both men? It makes no logical sense.

What they do in their house doesn't affect anyone around them. Hell, in this time of skyrocketing divorces and cheating, we should be rewarding couples who love each other completely, not legislating them.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm for it... Who is anyone to deny them happiness?

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

All gay marriage means to me is that I'll have to buy a couple of more wedding gifts in my lifetime. It has no effect on me beyond that. I know a serious, committed gay couple who love and support each other, and a heterosexual couple who met a month before the wedding and were going to swinger's clubs right after the honeymoon. Which one should be married?

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm definitely against it for myself. If it were a dude, I wouldn't be attracted to him, and if it were a woman, she wouldn't be into me. Marriage is hard enough without those kind of stumbling blocks.

As for other people, I figure it's none of my business. And for the record, I'm a Christian.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I also don't think the government has any place regulating love or sex.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

doesn't bother me.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I have to echo SC here. If my father can get married again, 9 months following his divorce from my mother after 26 years of marriage, then there should be nothing preventing my gay aunt from marrying, either.

Live and let love.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For it. I don't see gay marriage affecting "traditional" marriages in any way.

Also think people should encouraged to be in a committed relationship and should enjoy the perks, too.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's going to end as badly as you all seem to believe it will. Pretty lopsided poll.

But here's a question: Why don't so many voters agree with this poll?

I'd like non-asshat answers.

Draft saved Draft deleted