1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what's your stand on gay adoption?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EE94, Jan 10, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Murder is a behavioral action. While there may be biological causes in a person who commits that act, murder is not a biological predisposition.

Homosexuality is not a behavior.

There is no similarity between the first example and the second. The "defense" is not the same.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I wanna be adopted by a couple of 19 year old lesbians.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, it's kind of hard to argue with you when you deny your own words. Do you know what "other" means?

There are a whole range of people in this world, mold-tony. My kids are very different. Almost opposite in many ways. I guess they were predisposed that way.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Hey, as long as they don't raise the kid up to be a (insert bad personality trait here) and let him/her decide their own sexuality, let them. Two gay parents might be a helluva lot better than a normal couple: it all depends on personalities. They just better be ready for middle school to high school, when little kids torment each other.

But, I assume none of this is news to anyone. Just my ideas.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Why? Do you look good in flannel?

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Yeah, me too!

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I've not denied any of my own words, only words you've assigned to me. But you know that already. Other means exactly that: Other. Some behaviors aren't disgusting and abhorrent. OTHERS are. If you use one defense (biology) for a behavior that isn't disgusting and abhorrent, that defense also becomes fair game for behaviors that are disgusting and abhorrent. It was my whole point in starting the debate. It's flown over everyone's head because you're all so busy trying to to paint me as a monster so you can ignore the point.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Quit flying over my head, old-tony.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Yeah. Is that a vapor trail I see?

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I.Love.Lesbians.
    [​IMG]

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Tony and Yawn are actually a couple.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Yeah, well....sleeping with Mommies doesn't mean you'll get any. But if watching them floats your boat, well...

Draft saved Draft deleted