1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what's your stand on gay adoption?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EE94, Jan 10, 2007.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Great way to get to the thickheaded numbskulls out there the difference between you're and your.

Threadjack over.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Same here. I still remember the girl's name, though I haven't seen her since I was nine years old. There was even a casette tape from my 7th birthday with me saying I was going to marry her.

Early beginning of my love for older women. She was a whole year ahead of me in school. :)

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh well, as the saying goes "if it feels good, do it."

The only thing that has been said here that really makes sense is that it takes a daddy and a mommy to make a kid in the most natural of ways. As nature intended it. The same nature that, uh, predispositions people to be gay.

So let's say nature is fucked on one side, but where it fits our way of things as they should be, say nature is Al Gore's best friend.

4. Somebody put a hand grenade in the middle of that post and the pieces are everywhere.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

OK, Buck (and others who also responded): Then what if the thing that triggers other acts that society as a whole regards as disgusting and abhorrant is also biological and predisposed?

Anyone can use that as a defense if it's already a defense for someone else.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Of course. This makes perfect sense. Hate and disgust come from biology. This has been studied over and over and has been backed up through numerous journals. I'm very glad you included this in the discussion.

The family of racists isn't racist because they are ignorant. No, they are racist because of nature.

It is clearly the most logical argument in this thread.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you are born a psychotic muderer and murder someone, hopefully you go to jail.

Some people don't see homosexuality as something requiring a legal defense team.

8. old_tony

I never said homosexuality required a legal defense team. Please show me where you think I did.

I am simply interested in debating people with differing views and I am interested in how people defend their views.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Do you deny calling homosexuality disgusting and abhorrant as well?

10. I don't believe I'm part of that society either.

11. old_tony

Yes I do. I simply said that a lot of disgusting and abhorrant behaviors could use the same defense. But you knew that already. Your problem is you can't argue the point so you have to try to paint the person making the point as something less than a person so that you don't have to admit you can't argue the point.

12. old_tony

Since I never called homosexuality "disgusting and abhorrant" -- it may be, but I'm not about to say it -- but simply noted that your "biological and predisposed" argument could be used as a defense of disgusting and abhorrant, I'll take it as a concession that you are now aware that your "biological and predisposed" defense has opened a can of worms for you. One you'd like to close but now can't.

Draft saved Draft deleted