1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your ringtone and why?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JLaff, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Went straight to my iPhone, put in my earplugs and jamming with TMBG.
    THAT'S what I needed today. Many thanks.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Who the fuck is this motherfucker and why do I feel compelled to murder him?

3. jps

jps Active Member

The power of Christ compels you ... The power of Christ compels you ...

(Oh, and I vote blogger)

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I vote unoriginal sonofabitch.

And if by invoking Christ, you're suggesting that it's the same person who posted as Christ last year, I sincerely doubt it.

5. jps

jps Active Member

Not so much invoking Christ as Austin Powers ... but I think it he should be, more accurately, unoriginal_sonofabitch.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Got new phones this week, and Mrs. Dixiehack insisted I find her a new ringtone because she couldn't abide any of the freebies. So I hooked her up with Phantom of the Opera and myself with the CBS college football theme.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have three -- all fightsongs.
    One for the state I used to live, one for the state my parents and immediate family live and one for the state i live.
    All are assigned to a call group, so when one of them calls, I have an idea who it is before I look...

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'm old school in that my simpleton phone doesn't have caller-customized ring tones. I do have a number of tones downloaded. Soulja Boy, which I stopped using once I heard the entire song and realized what it was about. Beer in Mexico. Honky Tonk Badonkadonk. Peter Gun theme. Buncha fight songs. Mission: Impossible theme. Currently I'm using the I Dream of Jeanie theme, in honor of my five-year-old niece, who danced to that song in her first dance recital. I change them periodically. I'll be going back to a fight song pretty soon, though.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

My younger sister, who is about as countrified and redneck as you can get, has a catfight as her ringtone.

It's quite freaky, especially since she keeps it on super loud during her rodeos.

When it rings, everyone stops and looks around for the cats. It's caused dogs to bark and horses to stomp.

Draft saved Draft deleted