1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your ringtone and why?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JLaff, Jul 12, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Some James Blunt song for my family (1979, I think)

Promiscuous Boy by Nellie Furtado for a general calls

Shut Up and Drive by Rianna for my friends

"It's Britney, bitch" from Britney's Gimme More for texts

The texts were once SexyBack, but it annoyed the piss out of the SEattle crew :D

I try to set it to vibrate at work, but I can't hear it unless it's right in front of me. I don't carry it in my pocket because 1) it'll fall out and 2) I don't care to look like I have a growth.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

"I'm A Jayhawk." And I probably don't need to say why. ::)

3. Dessens71

Dessens71 Member

The song from the Geico commercial where the caveman is on the moving sidewalk at the airport.
    I don't think a little instrumental ditty is an undue annoyance to those around me.
    I wanted to use Natural Bork Killaz by Dre and Cube, but it has the n-word and the word "ballsack" in it, and you'd have to be pretty gangsta to pull that off in public.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

"Terra" -- it's one of the main themes from Final Fantasy VI, my favorite video game.

On the previous phone, it was the first movement of Mozart's Symphony No. 40.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

WFFW!

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

"Doin' Time" by Sublime. Because it's summer.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I've got two different ringtones to help me sort calls.
    Springsteen's "Born to Run" for family and friends because its a great song
    Springsteen's "Badlands" for all other calls, it's a great song, but I figure if its not family or friends I may not want to answer the phone.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"The Good, The Bad And The Ugly" by Hugo Montenegro & His Orchestra.

My favorite ring tone was "Gymnopedie No. 1" by Erik Satie. I chose it because I was tired of all the noise blasting around me when people's phones "rang," and to cut the world some slack I picked a song with a gentle piano melody.

People usually remarked how much they liked it when they heard my ring tone, and they'd ask what it was. Then, the paper switched cell phone providers (I don't have a personal cell), and the tone was protected and not available on the new phone.

So then I decided to be as annoying as everyone else, and I went with "The Thrill is Gone" by B.B. King. Next phone switch, that wasn't available, and I went with "The Good, The Bad And The Ugly."

If I could get the Satie piece back (all of the versions I find online are slightly different than the Nokia version I liked) I'd reinstall it.

But I keep mine on vibrate quite a bit anyway.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Monday Night Football theme song.

Because every other dolt up here has the HNIC theme song.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I set my phone to play "Hello Darlin'" by Conway Twitty when Mr. Rosie calls me.

Otherwise it's "I've Always Been Crazy" by Waylon Jennings. Two reasons, it's my favorite song of all time and I'm pretty much guaranteed to not get my phone's ring mixed up with someone else.

But I also have it set to vibrate then ring, and I usually hear the vibrate go off before the ringtone in the office.

11. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Johnny has a good one.

I'm trying to get Hell's Bells from AC/DC on mine. Not a lot of songs can be identified in one second. HB is one of them once you hear the first bell.

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

A bullfrog, because I don't have any cool other options and my host sister in Morocco is terrified of frogs so I thought I'd scare her when it rang.
    The message tone is a doorbell to remind me of what they sound like in the States.

Draft saved Draft deleted