1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your home page?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Feb 13, 2010.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Home page posted above. Background varies between a panoramic shot of Crater Lake I took a few years back and a pretty cool picture of one of my unit's aircraft flying through the desert in Iraq.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

My home pages vary.

The desktop wallpaper is a picture of my niece.

I also have soundbites for when I start up and shut down my computer. Every time I turn it off I hear Jack Buck's call of Kirk Gibson's 1988 World Series homer.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Home: Google and a field of flowers.
    Work: Work homepage and a pic of my brother and his gf.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Here's my desktop pic: [​IMG]

Most everyone here who knows me knows why.

Bing!

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

My home page is the page that opens on Google Chrome with thumbnails for my nine most visited sites.

For nostalgic reasons, my wallpaper is a photo from the Quebec City Winter Carnival.

6. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Homepage: mail.google.com
    Desktop: http://www.shorpy.com/node/153?size=_original

7. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

My desktop at home is a panoramic picture of a Foo Fighters show I was at in 2005. Since that was right around the time I got this laptop, I don't think I've ever had another desktop picture on this computer.

(Related (and possibly dumb) question: I've been thinking about putting up a new desktop picture, but the Foo Fighters site no longer hosts the picture I did the old "right click->make desktop background" on. Is there a way I can save it in my system. When I go to the control panel, it just says I have "Internet Explorer Wallpaper." There's got to be a way to save that picture from my system, right?)

My homepage on my home and work computers is Yahoo. On my phone, I go with Google since I have a separate email app and Google loads faster on my non-smart phone.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Home page is the Google Chrome start page. Buttons or boxes of my most visited sites, I guess. (edit: what dre said)

Wallpaper is a half empty PNC Park. I'm a masochist like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted