1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your favorite drink?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Sep 2, 2011.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I had it at the Holiday Inn bar in Newark and brought it to the bar I worked at back in 99 in college. It was a favorite. It's basically an Alabama Slammer and Kamakazie combined.

2. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

Alcohol division:
    Free beer.
    Cold beer.
    Abita Purple Haze.
    Rum and coke with lime twist.

Non-alcohol division
    mint iced tea (no sugar ever in my tea.)

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Pepsi doesn't play well with most alcohols because it's too sweet.

If I go to a bar or restaurant that has old-school tiki cups, you better believe I'm ordering something in one of them.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I don't do hard liquor, but I like hefeweizens. Our local brewery does a pretty good one in its taproom, and I just found "Circus Boy," a great one from a Vermont brewery, in my local grocery store.

Non-alcoholic, I'm on Diet Dr. Pepper with Coke Zero as my change-of-pace.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Beer: depends on the season, but right now is the time for Octoberfest. Spaten makes a very good one.

Mixed drink: Bombay Sapphire and Gin with a lime.

Hard liquor: Glenlivet on the rocks with a twist. (although I have been known to drink it neat on occasion)

non-alcoholic: water, OJ, seltzer.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Depends on my mood and situation. Go-to drink this summer has been Kettle & tonic w/lime. But I'll mix in an aged rum on the rocks, especially after dinner. Sometimes it's a glass of pinot noir or a tempranillo. Sometimes it's a cold Sierra Nevada.

First thing in the morning, I like a green tea w/honey. A little bit later I like a nice expresso or strong Costa Rican coffee.

I like water a lot, too, and that's what I'll drink during the day. Once every several weeks I'll have a club soda with cranberry.

7. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

You just blew my mind.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

You, sir, are Good and Right and True. I salute you.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It has to be. :)

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Coke Zero was a game-changer for me. Helped wean me off fully-leaded Coke. Diet Coke is fine -- and free in my office! -- but I do love me a Coke Zero.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Guinness. Just have always loved it. Although I like most beer, except for Budweiser/Miller/Coors, etc. But even a Yuengling will do me fine most evenings.

Harder, Jameson's. Always have a bottle around. And I have been known to imbibe in a single-malt scotch or two, but I actually prefer the Irish whiskey, probably because I am used to it.

I don't drink much, though. Maybe a beer 3 or 4 times a week. Otherwise, I just drink water. Lots of it.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If one's serious about dieting, a big part of it is downing copious amounts of water daily. Like 8-10 glasses or water bottles.

But there have been only a few times in which I can do that for any length of time. Drinking water as a thirst-quencher is a chore for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted