1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's your contingency plan?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sportschick, Jul 3, 2008.

1. jmacfl

jmacfl New Member

swimsuit model.

2. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Who's going to be able to afford the fabric? We're all going to be wearing Hefty bags with holes punched out for our head and arms. Or, like the good ol' Depression days, just wearing a big barrel. Fabric, schmabric.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I got out of newspapers last August.
    I usually tell my wife, if this side of journalism doesn't work, I'm going to work at a bar, eventually open my own, then do that.

Either that, or just go back to delivering pizzas.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We can pool our resources... You sell pot by the west entrance and I'll sell crack by the east entrance. Because people who buy fabric are serious druggies...

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dude, it's Montana. Nobody buys crack. It's meth all the way up there.

6. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I am looking forward to an Obama administration, given how far my household income is likely to fall over the next four years. Hell of a time to be at the mercy of someone like Dubya and The Penguin.

7. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

Debating trying law school ... at 43.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I have invested through the years in three precious metals – gold, silver ... and lead. All may prove to be useful, if Joe's ill-considered wishes about the next four years prove true.

9. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

I'm going to make clothes out of Hefty bags.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

With all the economic impact your fabric store is going to make, the crack trade's gonna SKYROCKET.

I said this in another thread, but if my paper goes kablooie, I'm running away to Seattle and making one final stab at my life in a new town on a new coast. Declare bankruptcy, most likely, then settle into an existence of working at Top Pot, stringing for The Stranger and blowing whatever money I don't spend on an eight-guy-to-three-bedroom Belltown walkup into the Wheel of Fortune machine at Shorty's.

11. kalahari

kalahari New Member

Well, I'm already there and my plan is to do as I am already doing: to work for other journalists instead of being a journalist myself. I am a parasite!

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Dildo model.

Draft saved Draft deleted