1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's wrong with this cartoon?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Drip, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

This ranks right up there with the dumbest threads Drip (cough, cough ... Boots ... cough, cough) has ever started.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, god, no it doesn't.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ky, I know you're a very bright person. I really try to look past many of your posts. You are an idiot who enjoys stirring up trouble. I pray you seek help. And what's with the cough, cough, boots cough cough?
    As for the cartoon, it has stirred some debate among many in the Philly area. When it was passed along to me in an email, I saw it several ways. I wanted to know what others thought.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

This falls under the category of hyper-sensitivity. I looked at this for three minutes before I continued to read the thread.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Nice. I talk about your post, you call me an idiot.

And you're the one who always whines when someone calls you names.

6. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Apparently, you're a very bright idiot who needs help. *eyeroll*

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Exactly Gator. Personally, I wouldn't have run the cartoon because it could easily be construed as objectionable to some.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, let's stay on topic and have a nice lazy husband/overworked housewife stereotyping day.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe the offense could have been facing the back of the couch, with arms in front of him and cap on, so we wouldn't have to deal with the race issue.[/blue]

My only problem is that the guy on the couch looks like Ryan Howard[/ijagswoons], and Howard isn't even playing.

10. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Isn't EVERY editorial cartoon considered this exact thing? I mean, it's an editorial cartoon...

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

HE DOES NOT! Ryan's face is fatter.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

I like that idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.